This one-hour course examines the use of solid surfaces to help design professionals realize the versatility this modern, sleek product now offers. Applications of trend-setting solid surfaces are explored in a variety of applications including healthcare, commercial, retail, and educational industries. A comparison of other commonly used products is provided to re-affirm the varied uses of solid surfaces in a multitude of applications. These applications reveal the importance of low maintenance, durability and sustainability. As well, these solid surfaces have capabilities for flexible fabrication akin to cut wood without the hygienic worry. The course reminds design professionals that there is no need to sacrifice innovative designs when using a solid surface in any area for any user.
- Compare and contrast solid surfaces to other commonly used products and identify the functional benefits of using solid surfaces that contribute to a cleaner space.
- Explain how the process of thermoforming allows designers to produce products of various shapes and sizes to meet project expectations.
- Analyze how solid surfaces may be applied to diverse projects that demand quality, sustainability, and longevity to promote positive well-being for people and property.
- Explore innovative case studies to realize that it is not necessary to sacrifice the aesthetics of a space when creating a safe, hygienic, low-maintenance environment.
- Category box Design Category:
- (06) Wood, Plastics and Composites
- AIA Approved Course:
- Completion Provides 1 AIA HSW/LU CE Hour
- IDCEC Approved Course:
- Completion Provides 1 IDCEC HSW CEU